Warning! This is a little disgusting/disturbing

So our 3 hamsters are now 2. I looked into the cage today and saw one that didn't look right. Jeremy's poor little Stretch died January 23rd from unknown causes. We're not sure if he just died or if he was killed by one of the other hamsters but we do know that the other hamsters decided it was ok to eat his head once he was dead. We are all completely disgusted with these hamsters now and don't want anything to do with them. I decided it was best to not include a picture with this post.

3 comments:

Beth said...

That is just gross and sad. I hope your kids aren't too traumatized by this experience.

Pye family said...

The funny thing is Jeremy didn't even care. I thought he was pretty attached to his hamster but he wasn't even phased by it. The girls were completely grossed out by the whole thing.

Jennifer said...

Yuck! So I've read this is normal for hamsters, especially males trying to establish territory, so you guys may need to get another cage to separate the two you have left. (If you decide to keep the disgusting little things. LOL) :)