Happy New Year








We had to cancel our plans of going to Cincinnati over New Years since I was sick and we didn't want to risk infecting anyone else. We didn't really make any plans of our own but a great night developed all by itself. We had a candle lit dinner with some sparkling cider to make the night special. Then we played some qwirkle as a family. I had planned on putting the kids to bed after that but they started begging to be able to stay up and watch a movie. Richard decided that we should let them stay up and watch a Harry Potter movie and that we would pause it just before midnight so that we could watch the ball drop and wish everyone a happy new year. I remembered that I had some noise makers, hats, and stringy stuff left over from primary so we pulled all that out and we had a party. Sarah of course went to bed after we all wished her a happy new year at 7pm. Jeremy made it a good way into the movie but not quite to midnight. The girls had no problem staying awake and were very excited to count us down into the new year. It was actually a lot more fun seeing the new year in through children's eyes. So long '09, hello '10!

No comments: