The Newest Members of the Family







We would like to introduce Einstein, Nibbles and Stretch to everyone. We have been talking about getting a pet like a dog or cat for the kids to take care of and love but Richard and I just can't bring ourselves to do it. We weren't particularly happy about hamsters either but it's for the kids. I guess it's baby steps. We started with fish and then hermit crabs, now it's time for the next thing. The kids have been really good with them. They are dwarf ones so they will stay small and the kids are very loving towards them and play with them all the time. Jeremy has even come around and can now hold his and play with it (he was pretty nervous at first). If you couldn't guess Rachel's is named Einstein, Hannah's is Nibbles and Jeremy's is Stretch (formerly Snowflake but I'm forbidden from calling him that even though I prefer it). Rachel's loves to hang out in the crook of her arm. I've been trying very hard to be layed back about the whole thing and let them play with them as much as they want and not be on them about being careful and not make messes. I would really prefer them to leave the hamsters in their cage and just watch but that's not going to happen is it. I've resigned myself to the fact that they will probably get loose at some point and that's ok.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, my you two are brave. ;) We've been sort of talking about a fish since Alexis and Emily are now a little older and they have been asking for a pet fish.