Merry Christmas














We went to Marietta on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera so all of these pictures are thanks to my mom. Some of Doug and Cyndi's family were sick so we did the usual celebrations at mom and dad's house. Sarah was pretty funny when we arrived because I don't think she remembers any of our other trips to Marietta. She sees my parents a lot at our house and I don't think she realized that they have their own home. She had a good Christmas Eve especially since the gift that she opened was a doll baby that sings her favorite song "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." Sarah and nana have a special relationship- it was fun to watch them together. Thankfully, everyone was feeling better by Christmas day so Doug's family, nana and papaw and the Pyes celebrated Christmas together. It was a great day. Sarah tried to open everyone's gifts and then got overwhelmed and took a long nap. The kids told me they were worried that they were going to have a bad Christmas because so many of their cousins couldn't be there but it ended up being the best Christmas ever. They all had cousins to play with and they had a lot of fun with their new toys. Richard and Doug took some of the kids to see a movie and dad and I fell asleep on the couches while we babysat Sarah and Sofia. They managed to empty a bag of marshmallows all over the living room while we slept. After we woke up Santa stopped by but all the older kids were at the movie so Sofia and Sarah were the only ones that got to see him. Nana gave Sarah a toy computer that she loves. It was a favorite all day and it still is. We headed back to Columbus the next day after we had our traditional after Christmas breakfast at Bob Evans. After getting unpacked I decided that I should go to the store to restock the fridge. Before I could get out the door I started feeling nauseous and before long I was throwing up. I have never been so sick in my life. I really didn't eat anything much for a week after that and my ribs hurt for three days from so much puking. I did survive but it wasn't pretty. A not very nice end to a great Christmas.

No comments: