I've never been one for going out of my way to celebrate all the little holidays in between the big ones but me and a friend have been talking about making tamales since before Christmas so when cinco de mayo was coming around and we hadn't done it yet we decided that we had to do it then. I knew nothing about tamales or the making of them but we had a full day of cooking with a little watching of "Gone with the wind" while things were cooking. We had dinner together with some mexican soda, rice,beans, and mariachi music. I didn't think to take pictures until dessert. I made a tres leches cake that was pretty yummy- Sarah really enjoyed that. We had enough tamales left over for both of us to take two bags to freeze. While we were eating the kids declared that we were having a feast!
6 years ago
1 comment:
It was quite the feast! I'm glad we all enjoyed the day's labors. We had fun while we were at it, too, which helps.
Post a Comment