Happy Birthday Rachel!

Rachel has been looking forward to her eighth birthday for a long time. She chose to start her day out with a belgian waffle with a big 8 on it made out of cream for her birthday breakfast.



We then moved on to the presents. She decided that she didn't want to go to the other kids soccer game so she was able to stay home and enjoy her presents in peace.


Her baptism was in the afternoon (that will be another blog entry) and after the baptism we all came back to the house for her party. We had a lot of food and even more desserts. We had a low country boil for dinner and two chocolate fountains with many yummy things to dip in the chocolates. She also chose the CTR shield for her cake. We invited people from Rachel's school, from church and some family. We really appreciate everyone that came and supported Rachel. It was a lot of fun and very crazy (I think there were three or four times as many kids as adults).


I have to say that the cake turned out quite well. It was really tasty as well. Rachel doesn't like frosting so I whipped up some heavy cream and colored it- it was very yummy.


Rachel has been friends with Elise since preschool. She was so glad that she was able to come to her baptism and birthday party. This is them hanging out in Rachel's bedroom. I'm not sure if I'm really ready for her to be this grown up.

1 comment:

Drostan and Jennifer said...

How fun. She seems so grown up!