Once we finally new Richard had a spot in Dayton and then once we knew we had a house to live in in Dayton I decided it was probably safe to start packing boxes. That gave me four days to get the entire house boxed up. You would think that I would be pretty motivated to get it done but I really wasn't. I was constantly getting really bored with boxing so I would do a few things and then take a break and then do one cupboard and then take another break. I'm amazed it all got done. When the kids came home from school I had them help with some of the bookshelves and their bedrooms and I made Richard do two bookshelves (otherwise he wouldn't have put one thing in a box). I love the picture of Richard staring off into space as if he has been working forever. Sarah was all too helpful. She liked to take things out of boxes and put her babies and herself into the boxes. She would get very upset if I started to put things into a box that she decided was hers. After the first day I started farming her out to friends during the day so that I could actually get some work done. I really appreciate everyone's help with childcare and meals through this crazy week. I definitely don't want to do this again any time soon.
6 years ago
2 comments:
Wow! I think moving with movers is a lot of work and stress! Good luck with your new house and everything. Take care!
whaaaat?? we were hoping your move from Columbus would bring you to us. . .although I don't blame you for not coming; our track record seems to be attract family & friends and then get another job out of state! So why Dayton? I would love to call and chat, but I don't have your number (hint)
love you guys! christine
Post a Comment