Hannahs Field Trip


I made friends with a neighbor down the road that also has young children. She agreed to keep Sarah for a whole day so that I could go with Hannah on her field trip. We only went about a mile down the road but it really felt like we went back in time. They encouraged the kids and parents to dress up in pioneer clothes and to bring authentic lunches in baskets and pails. I have to say I wasn't that into all of this so we used paper sacks and cans of soda but many others were much better about it. The people there taught the kids how to make butter from cream, spin wool into yarn, make rag dolls, dip candles, hand crochet and lots more. It was really neat that they let all the kids actually do everything not just watch. It was a great day that I really enjoyed spending with Hannah.

No comments: