Moving Day








I was pretty busy so picking up a camera was an after thought. On Friday Richard and I packed up the storage unit and a few bulky items from the house and took the first trip over to Dayton. We barely pulled up to the house before our neighbor Greg came over and introduced himself and offered his help. We were very tired and not about to turn down any help so he helped us unpack the entire truck and when it came to unloading the washer and dryer he called his son Tom and he came over and they got them moved in and installed upstairs. The next day a bunch of guys from church showed up around nine and they got the truck completely packed in just over an hour I think. They did a very impressive job of getting everything packed in tightly. Then they moved our piano upstairs (which was very scary) and a few hung around and even helped clean the house. When we got to Dayton our friends from Cincinatti were there ready to help us unload. Everyone chipped in (some under duress- all those under 10) and we got everything either in the house or the garage. It was a pretty impressive sight to see all those boxes piled up everywhere. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Kim made a comment about not wanting to carry another box of books for awhile and I don't blame her- I don't want to unpack another box of books for a long while. Another neighbor came over and invited us and our friends to a cookout that night so dinner was taken care of. I am really excited about this neighborhood- everyone seems really friendly. We really appreciate everyone's help- we couldn't have done it without you.

No comments: