My boy is 5!


Jeremy had a great birthday! Unfortunately his daddy had to miss it since he was in England for his uncles funeral. Jeremy's day started out with a phone call from daddy which was followed with a great birthday breakfast (he insisted on fish pancakes). Then he got to open his birthday gifts and then we left for Mt. Vernon for the Vannatta reunion. It was very convenient for me that the reunion fell on Jeremy's birthday so I didn't have to plan a party. He wanted a spider cake since we were at the park so I did my best. We "shot" off balloon rockets at the park and the kids had a lot of fun with that. Jeremy said he had a great day that was almost ruined by Hannah because she threw one of her fits when he sat down next to her with his birthday cake and she flipped it onto the floor. Fortunately I was able to save the day by getting him another piece. I've tried to add more pictures to this blog but they keep disappearing so I'm just going to go with this.

Jeremy is still my sweet boy even though most of the time I'm ready to pull my hair out when I'm dealing with him. There are definitely differences between boys and girls but I've really enjoyed seeing how each of them are unique. Jeremy still sucks his two fingers but he is trying hard to give it up. He loved Thomas the tank engine for years but he has recently decided that he needs to move on and let thomas go. Now he says he is in to creepy crawly things. He really is in to playing on the internet (games like poptropica) and on the wii he likes to play animal crossing. He pesters Hannah to death but it's only because he wants her undivided attention all the time. He has a very special relationship with Sarah that is so sweet. She absolutely loves him and you can tell she feels safe with him (he has never tried to carry her anywhere and he is obsessive about keeping her safe). She always gives him cuddles and loving head bumps. I think he really looks up to Rachel but he usually keeps his distance. This past year he has discovered sports (t-ball & soccer) and he went to all day preschool two days a week. He has grown a lot and matured a lot. We love Jeremy so much- he definitely makes life more interesting as he still enjoys arguing with us. He is really looking forward to kindergarden and being as big as Hannah. Happy Birthday Jeremy.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Jeremy! We love you!

Love,
Uncle Don, Aunt Jennifer, Alexis, Emily, and Ashley