I'm not sure how many years in a row we have been to Flushing for our Grammer reunion but it's enough that that is just about all that my kids remember and they think it has to be there every year. Don's family wasn't able to be with us this year as well as Dave. Richard and I had to go home for a day for Hannah's big gymnastics show.

Hanging around the house, making ice cream in a bag, playing at the park, taking baths, slip 'n sliding, and finding a snake.
We took a trip to Columbus to attend the temple (Garrett turned 12 this year so he got to do some baptisms). While we were in Columbus we went out to dinner and then we spent the rest of the day at cosi. Each adult took an age group of cousins (I got the eight year olds) and then we took them around the museum. It was fun running around with them and bumping into everyone else.
We spent a lot of time at the pool. Hannah got really good at doing flips off of the diving board.
We celebrated father's day and grandma Flo's birthday. We all did little family performances for Dad for father's day. It really doesn't matter what we do each year. The kids have a great time being together. I think it's amazing that the cousins don't see that much of each other but they just know that family is special and that they enjoy being together so much.



No comments:
Post a Comment