A Great Weekend a Sad farewell




This post is a little late but I wanted to include it. Angie's last weekend here was a great one. She invited me to come stay with her at her hotel and we had a lot of time to just hang out. These girls are so cute and I am sad that they won't be able to grow up together. We had a great time over the weekend and I am so glad that I had that time with Angie. It started for me with breakfast at the hotel followed by a day of running around and tying up loose ends and then a girls night out with the other ladies from the ward. It was a lot of fun all being together. I spent one night at the hotel and we had a great time swimming until late and watching a chic flic. Angie's last day here was a good one- we didn't do much but we did fit in lunch at North Star and a little shopping at Babies R Us. I took Angie to the airport that afternoon, it was hard to say goodbye to such a good friend. I know that I'll see Angie again someday but I was pretty upset on the way home thinking about how much I'll miss the day to day friendship that we had. It got me thinking about all of the good friends that have moved away over the years and I know it is just part of life but I can't help feeling sad for the loss of all of those day to day friendships that I no longer have. I'm glad that all of them were able to move on with their lives in positive ways and I wish them all the best. I just can't help being a little selfish from time to time and want them here with me.

1 comment:

Angie Startin said...

Stop making me teary. I think that it completely sucks to find a lifelong friend only to have to leave them. Friendships like ours don't come along very often and I have had a really tough time not having it around everyday.