OBX 2011





.

We weren't able to make it to the beach this summer with Richard just finishing his first year of his PhD and with the Williamson's move to Vermont. So we planned our trip for the week of thanksgiving. I was a little worried that we could have terrible weather but it all worked out really well. We booked a very nice large home up on the northern end of the outer banks. We were able to do this because it was off season and the homes are about half the price they normally are in the summer. It ended up being really nice because it wasn't too busy either. There are a lot of homes in this area and we decided that we probably wouldn't enjoy it much in the summer but the fall is perfect. We had several very nice warm days that the kids actually put their swimsuits on and got in the ocean. We also had a few cooler windier days that made some huge waves and fun walks on the beach. We celebrated Avery's birthday as well as thanksgiving (dinner made by Richard and Kim) while we were there. I wasn't feeling real great but I was able to keep up alright I think. We even managed some black friday shopping at the outlets. We made a visit to Jockey's Ridge, the kids had fun doing all kinds of different things like cooking, making rice crispy turkeys, and a scavenger hunt. We also enjoyed playing foosball, pool, tennis, basketball and badminton. Tom cooked out on the grill several times for us and the kids were able to use the hot tub a few times. One of our favorite things the house had to offer (besides the fact that almost everyone had their own bedroom and bathroom) was the theater room. We rented red box movies almost everyday. I think we are going to try to make this a tradition we loved it so much.

No comments: