Rachel's Birthday Party


We had decided that Rachel wouldn't have a friends birthday party this year but when I realized they had the day off of school the day before her birthday I decided it was too perfect to not have one. Unfortunately, that ended up being the day after I got back from Utah- not a lot of time to prepare. Rachel invited six friends from school. They each got a pumpkin to paint and then I baked them each their own cake and gave them lots of icing and decorations to decorate them with. Richard was kind enough to take the other children out for the day to make things easier. I was amazed out how loud and crazy 11 year old girls could be. I thought it was going to be a nice quiet calm birthday since they are getting older but girls can get pretty silly when they are together. I think this was one of the craziest parties I've ever done. They all had a lot of fun. I enjoyed watching Rachel with her friends. Rachel is a pretty serious girl so it was nice to see her relax and be a little silly with her friends.

No comments: