
The official end of the swim team year is the awards picnic. We had a huge pot luck dinner at the pool and they handed out awards and swam just for fun. Everyone got a paper plate award as well as a medal for participating on the team. I was impressed that they were able to come up with a specific funny paper plate award for every single member of the team (over 100 kids). Jeremy's was something about the best birthday boy (he celebrated at a swim meet and shared cupcakes with the coaches) and I don't remember what Rachel and Hannah's were. I wish I had written down their coaches names because I don't remember them anymore but they were all great. They were so positive and fun. The head coach jumped into the pool with his clothes on as a reward for our team winning champs. I was ready for swim team to be done but I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment