Bikes!



I consider this summer a success. All three of my oldest children finally learned how to ride bikes. Not only do they know how but they have caught the bug and they love it! Rachel was the first to get it and Jeremy followed only a few weeks later. Hannah was determined that she didn't want to do it. I was apparently more determined. I knew once she got the feel for it she would love it. After each one got it down Richard took them on a bike ride on a trail- I think it made them feel big and proud. Now they love going on family bike rides. Sarah has even gotten into it. She is so happy riding behind me or Richard. A few weeks ago Hannah wrote me a note in church that said something to the effect that she loves me because I never give up on her. She told me she was so glad that I didn't stop making her learn how to ride her bike because she loves it now. We are having lots of fun with our bikes.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! That's really impressive Jeremy was able to learn so young. Congratulations to all 3 kids! We like going bike riding as a family, as well. Maybe we'll pack up the bikes sometime and meet you over there to ride on that trail with you. I bet the girls would love it. Take care!

Heather A said...

What a fun activity! Good for you guys getting them all to do it together. Kim hasn't picked it up like I thought she would. She seems pretty scared even to ride WITH training wheels. I'm a little jealous! :)