We woke up in Newport News the morning of Hannah's birthday. She got to open her presents in the hotel and then we drove the rest of the way to our beach house. We had fun at the beach and in the pool (once we got settled into the house). That night she had a sand bucket birthday cake and we watched fireworks from the top deck of the
I can't believe that Hannah is seven. She seems to be growing up all of a sudden. Hannah's kindergarten teacher called her a "hoot", I think she hit the nail on the head. Hannah is a happy girl who is always making friends and and seeing the bright side of things. When she found out that she wasn't going to be going to Village Academy next year she said it's alright, that means I won't have to wear a uniform. When she was smaller and newly potty trained Richard often asked her if she washed her hands after going to the bathroom and she always responded "it's alright." We informed her it wasn't and she needed to get in there and wash them. She likes to think of herself as a girly girl, she has a definite fashion sense that nobody (especially me) can mess with and she loves to play pretend. Hannah reminds me a lot of myself, she hears this a lot from myself and others and she really likes that we have lots in common. She is always asking me if I did this or that when I was a kids. She loves to hear stories of us when we were kids. Hannah is very loyal to her family. We love her very much
2 comments:
How cool is that cake! Love it, well done.
Looks like she had fun!
Post a Comment