The Messiah

Every year Richard and I try to go and see a performance of the Messiah around christmas time. This year we decided we would take the kids to a shortened family version over at the Pontifical college. Richard sat with Jeremy and I sat by Hannah. Sarah slept through it and Rachel has been to it before so she knew what to expect. I really enjoyed being there with my children. They were all very well behaved and actually enjoyed it. Hannah was cute throughout the performance. She kept leaning over and whispering different things to me. The first thing she asked was if Messiah was just a fancy word for music. I told her no that is was another name for Jesus. Then she asked me why they don't just call it Jesus. When the soprano soloist first began to sing she looked at me all shocked and said "that's not her real voice!" I assured her it was. I had several other cute things she said during the performance but I didn't write them down before I forgot them. Oh well.

No comments: