
We recently decided that we need to have a family vacation with just our kids and us. We decided to take a trip to see our friends the Vances in Kansas. We took a week to get there and stopped at different zoos along the way. We tried to keep the driving down to a couple hours a day. Most days we got up in the morning and went to the zoo then we drove in the afternoon when the kids were tired. We stayed at Drury Inns along the way since they met all of our requirements of swimming pools, free breakfast, free internet, free long distance telephone, and suites. The kids had a great time swimming each night. Richard had a lot of fun with our new camera. I think we have around 900 pictures from the trip. Everyone did reasonably well. By the last day Hannah did declare that she hated zoos (Jeremy and Hannah had a hard time walking around the zoos each day). The driving part wasn't too bad either. On the way back from Kansas we drove straight through for 13 hours. This was a little tough but we survived. One of the coversations in the back of the car went something like this:
Hannah: Why do they call him winnie the pooh?Rachel: His name is actually Winnifred and they shortened it to winnie.
Mom: Where does the pooh come from?
Jeremy: From your bottom!
We had a great time in Kansas with our friends. Rachel and Garrett got along great and Jeremy and Hannah figured out how to play with others who are a little older or a little younger than them. I have really missed the Vances since they left Columbus and we are always trying to get them to move back.
The best part about going away is coming home. I love how the kids got along so well on Tuesday after we got home. It was as if they had all new toys. I'm so thankful for my husband and my children. I'm looking forward to many more trips like this one. I already started planning next year's on the way home. I'm thinking less driving and more time playing- maybe a cabin or lodge at a state park might be fun.
1 comment:
Yeah, I get to read new posts on your blog. What a fun trip for you guys. I am so glad to hear that it went so well and you had such a great time. CUTE KIDS!
Post a Comment